Sergio Cunha – MMA Coach
Sergio began his career in 1989 in Curitiba at the world famous Chute Boxe Academy. There he earned a black belt in Muay Thai and went on to coach renowned athletes such as Anderson Silva (UFC Middle Weight Champion ), Wanderlei Silva (Pride Middleweight Champion) and Mauricio Shogun Rua (UFC Light Heavyweight Champion) just to name a few. He remained in Curitiba until 2002, when he moved to Japan and opened the first franchise of Chute Boxe Academy in Tokyo. He then returned to Brazil in 2005 to coach both Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Former UFC Champion and Pride fighter) and his brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (UFC and Pride fighter) for a period of time. He has since continued to train some of the biggest names in MMA.
- 1989-2002 in Chute Boxe where he coached athletes such as Anderson Silva (UFC middle weight), Wanderlei Silva (former Pride middle weight champion)
- 2005 coached Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Former UFC Champ and Pride fighter) and his brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (UFC and Pride fighter)
- 2007 coached BJ Penn (Former UFC Champion)
- 2008-9 coached Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua (Former UFC champion) preparing for the fight against Chuck Liddell at UFC 97.
- 2011 Coached at Brazillian Top Team to help Murilo Bustamante (Fight Club), Milton Vieira (Strikeforce) and Rousimar Palhares (UFC) for upcoming fights.